Severe Weather Information
U.S. Sen. Jim Inhofe provides this resource center to provide assistance and help constituents dealing with severe weather disasters. Should the state experience severe weather, this page will be updated with additional information and resources.
Helpful Information and Links
- What to Do During a Tornado. Advice from FEMA on what you should do during a tornado and ways to seek shelter.
Tornadoes. What you should know for dealing with safety issues after a tornado from the CDC, especially if there is also flooding or dealing with debris.
- Recover from a Tornado Strike. Advice from the EPA about keeping drinking water and food safe for consumption.
- American Red Cross. From the American Red Cross, advice on what to do before, during and after a tornado.
- Power Outages: http://public.oge.com/systemwatch/SystemWatch.swf?startMapID=1 (OGE) and https://www.psoklahoma.com/outages/ (PSO)
- Oklahoma Department of Transportation Road Conditions: http://www.dps.state.ok.us/cgi-bin/weathermap.cgi
- Cloud Chart from NOAA: http://www.arh.noaa.gov/brochures/docs/CloudChart.pdf
- Tornado Damage Scale: http://www.spc.noaa.gov/faq/tornado/f-scale.html
- Weather Radios: http://www.crh.noaa.gov/grb/nwr.php
- Safety Tips: http://www.srh.noaa.gov/images/fwd/pdf/safety_rules_lists.pdf
- Safe Rooms: http://www.fema.gov/plan/prevent/saferoom/index.shtm
- National Weather Service Forecast Office (Tulsa): http://www.srh.noaa.gov/tsa/
- National Weather Service Forecast Office (Norman) http://www.srh.noaa.gov/oun/